All browsers have a URL limit of about 2050 characters for their length which is being exceeded within a Client-side Formula when you receive this error message. Client-side Formulas make a REST API call to perform their calculation/action so this means we need to pass any changed data values on the form as part of the REST API call. So this error message can occur when:
- When you have a large description field (2000 characters+) where the user enters in lots of data and then when the Formula triggers the data in this field exceeds the URL length limit.
- When you create one record from another and a significant number of fields (around 40+) have default values so that the combined total exceeds the URL length limit.
In order to work around this limit, we have two methods:
Did you know?
North52's Data Packager helps move configuration data between instances
North52 Data Packager is an add-on for North52 Business Process Activities which enables you to easily move data from one instance to another. Users simply select the records they would like to package up and North52 Data Packager adds the data to a data package sheet, ready for export. Moving the records to another instance requires the package solution to be imported and ‘unpacked’ on the target instance.
North52 Data Packager is ideal for:
- Moving Dynamics configuration records
- Copying Dynamics Portal records
- Distributing demonstration data