All browsers have a URL limit of about 2050 characters for their length which is being exceeded within a Client-side Formula when you receive this error message. Client-side Formulas make a REST API call to perform their calculation/action so this means we need to pass any changed data values on the form as part of the REST API call. So this error message can occur when:
- When you have a large description field (2000 characters+) where the user enters in lots of data and then when the Formula triggers the data in this field exceeds the URL length limit.
- When you create one CRM record from another and a significant number of fields (around 40+) have default values so that the combined total exceeds the URL length limit.
In order to work around this limit you need to identify the client-side formula causing the issue. You then need to do the following:
Steps to resolve issue:
- Open the Formula with the issue
- Under the Register tab, expand Advanced Settings
- For Clientside Use Get or Post, select Post
- Click Save
- On the ribbon, select N52 Commands > Publish Formula