Follow the steps in this article to set up a Test Runner record that will automatically execute Tests on a schedule that you define.
For this article you will need to have installed and configured the North52 Calculator Demo solution, and created a number of Tests.
Create the Test Runner record
- Open the North52 Decision Suite app
- Navigate to TestShield > Test Runner
- Click New
- On the Test Runner tab:
- Select the Test Runner Settings tab
- Click Save
Start the Test Runner
Each Test Runner record must be started for the scheduled Tests to be executed.
- Select N52 Commands > Start Test Runner from the form command bar
You can monitor the progress of the Test Runner and Test processes from System Jobs. You can quickly access this from the North52 App Start Page, by clicking the System Jobs button under the Administration section.
After the Tests have completed, select the Test Runner Results tab to view the results from all the Tests included in the Test Runner.
Look for any failures - two of the tests above are showing failures. Open the Test Result record to view the detail:
- In the JSON Test Results section we can see that the first step failed - this is because the expected value in the Assert tab is incorrect
- Additional detail showing the full trace of the test run can be found on the Test Trace tab
Stop the Test Runner
The Test Runner will continue to execute daily until it is manually stopped. To do this:
- Open the Test Runner record
- Select N52 Commands > Stop Test Runner from the form command bar