Follow the steps in this article to install North52 for Dynamics 365 Portals.
- It is assumed that you have already installed North52 with a valid licence key in your Dynamics 365 environment
- It is assumed that you configured and installed the Portal add-on for Dynamics 365. See the Dynamics Portal provisioning guide. We suggest you use the Customer Self-Service or Community Portal.
When you deploy North52 for Portals several records will be deployed in your Dynamics 365 environment. The record naming convention for each record will generally follow this template:
North52 Formula Calculation - <Portal Site name> - <Portal Language>
Using a portal site called Customer Self-Service and the language is English then the naming convention will be:
North52 Formula Calculation - Customer Self-Service - English
What actually gets installed
When you deploy North52 for Dynamics Portals the following records will be installed:
- Web Template
- Page Template
- Web Page
- Web Page Access Control Rule
- Web File
- Annotation (note) on the Web File
- Entity Permission
To deploy North52 you need to know the name of the following records:
- Website name - (adx_website)
- Language - (adx_language
- Root web page name - (adx_webpage)
- Publish state - (adx_publishingstate)
- Webrole name - (adx_webrole)
This information will be used in the deployment process.
In this example I am going to deploy North52 to a Portal I have already set up called Customer Self-Service portal.
- Open Settings > System > Administration > System Settings
- Find and delete js; from the list of Set blocked file extensions for attachments
- Click OK
Find Information Required for Deployment
As mentioned earlier, the deployment process needs 5 parameters, we will identify each needed parameter.
Useful Tip: When using Advanced Finds - make sure to edit columns and add in all columns
Find the Web Site name
Note down the Name of the website that you want to install North52 for Dynamics Portals on, for our example this will be Customer Self-Service
Find the Website Language
Note down the Language of the website of the website selected in the previous step (we will use this in the subsequent Advanced Finds to filter out unwanted pages)
In this example, we are using English
Find the Root Web Page
Note down the Name of the webpage where the Partial URL field is / and its Parent Page field is empty - this is the root page for the website.
In this example the name is Home
Find the Publishing State
Note down the name of the record that is Published - or the local language equivalent
Find the Web Role Name
Note down the name of the record that identifies Authenticated Users
In this example the name is Authenticated Users
Use the information found the previous section to build the Command String needed for deployment. Each information parameter is separated by the pipe symbol | like in the following template:
In our example the command string will be composed of the following records:
- Website Name: Customer Self-Service
- Language: English
- Parent Page: Home
- Publishing State: Published
- Web Role: Authenticated Users
Customer Self-Service|English|Home|Published|Authenticated Users
- Copy the command string and open the N52 Configuration record (under Settings > North52 BPA > N52 Configuration) on your Dynamics 365 instance
- Expand the System Settings tab
- Select the Portal Install from the Command list
- Paste the command string into the Command Parameters field
- Click Save
This will install all the necessary components for North52 to operate in the Dynamics 365 Portal.
The installation process can take around 60 seconds to complete.
Post Deployment Step
When the save completes - re-open Settings > System > Administration > System Settings and add js; to the list of Set blocked file extensions for attachments again.