North52 Decision Suite Solution
- We create a formula of type ClientSide-Calculation on the Account
- The formula will use Fetch-XML to find all the unpaid Invoices on that account in order of oldest due date
- We select the first record found and create a hyperlink for it
- If no records found we just return a message saying No Unpaid Invoices
Adding the Button to the Form
- Open the Form editor
- Select Insert -> Web Resource.
- Choose the north52_quick_button_hyperlink.htm web resource
- Add the Custom Parameters
- The shortcode of the formula you want to use
- (Optional) How many pixels from the left you want to move the text
If you have never used Quick Button before you can see more detailed documentation at this link.
SmartFlow( SetVar('All Invoices', FindRecordsFD('FindOldestInvoice','true')), SetVar('Oldest Invoice', FindRecordsValue(GetVar('All Invoices'), 'invoiceid', '?')), If(ContainsData(GetVar('Oldest Invoice
')), LinkHyperLinkUrl('https://04112016.crm4.dynamics.com', 'invoice', GetVar('Oldest Invoice'), 'Oldest Unpaid Invoice'), 'No Unpaid Invoices' ) )
<fetch version="1.0" output-format="xml-platform" mapping="logical" distinct="false"> <entity name="invoice"> <attribute name="totalamount" /> <attribute name="invoiceid" /> <attribute name="duedate" /> <order attribute="duedate" descending="false" /> <filter type="and"> <condition attribute="customerid" operator="eq" value="@accountid@" /> <condition attribute="statecode" operator="eq" value="0" /> </filter> </entity> </fetch>
Did you know?
North52 TestShield allows rigorous regression testing of your Dynamics 365 system in-sprint
As well as being scheduled, or triggered from build pipelines, TestShield automated tests can be triggered manually for a quick mid-sprint regression test. This allows for quick testing of alternative ways to implement a requirement and measure the impact on existing processes.
It's quick to clone an existing test and try variations without affecting the original test set up too.