In this example we are going to use a North52 Quick Button to update the quantities on selected write-in Opportunity Products to a default value of 100 units. This will be applied by simply selecting the line items from the Opportunity sub grid and clicking the Quick Button.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
- We create a formula of type ClientSide-Calculation on the Opportunity Product
- This formula when triggered will set the value of the quantity field.
Adding the Button to the Form
- Open the Form editor
- Select Insert -> Web Resource.
- Choose the north52_quick_button_subgrid.htm web resource
- Add the Custom Parameters
- The shortcode of the formula you want to trigger
- The Button text
- Select the type of button you want to use
- The name of the grid you want the button to work on
If you have never used Quick Button before you can see more detailed documentation at this link.
Formula in use
UpdateRecord('opportunityproduct', [opportunityproduct.opportunityproductid], SetAttribute('quantity', 100) )
Did you know?
North52 Helps with Complex Logic as Part of a Workflow / Power Automate Flow
The North52 Decision Suite provides functionality for you embed complex logic as part of a native Dynamics Process (Workflow/Action) or a Power Automate Flow.
Imagine if you could do an elibility check with several hundred possible combinations as part of your workflow process? You can do this easily by combining North52's Process Genie functionality with a Decision Table.
Even something as mundane as returning the next working day for your workflow (surprisingly difficult to achieve without code) can be easily done with North52.