In this example we are going to use a North52 Quick Button to update the quantities on selected write-in Opportunity Products to a default value of 100 units. This will be applied by simply selecting the line items from the Opportunity sub grid and clicking the Quick Button.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
- We create a formula of type ClientSide-Calculation on the Opportunity Product
- This formula when triggered will set the value of the quantity field.
Adding the Button to the Form
- Open the Form editor
- Select Insert -> Web Resource.
- Choose the north52_quick_button_subgrid.htm web resource
- Add the Custom Parameters
- The shortcode of the formula you want to trigger
- The Button text
- Select the type of button you want to use
- The name of the grid you want the button to work on
If you have never used Quick Button before you can see more detailed documentation at this link.
Formula in use
UpdateRecord('opportunityproduct', [opportunityproduct.opportunityproductid], SetAttribute('quantity', 100) )
Did you know?
About North52's four A’s of automated software testing?
Assemble. Arrange. Act. Assert.®
TestShield is a testing solution for Dynamics 365/CRM which covers what we call the “four A’s of automated software testing“:
- Assemble – describe the feature or process that you are testing using Gherkin language
- Arrange – TestShield helps you automate the creation of test data – simply select from existing records plus their related records and TestShield will automatically arrange a ‘slice’ of your test data based on your selection
- Act – easily define the processes you wish to trigger as part of your test
- Assert – define the expected results