In this scenario the business requirement is to remove all PDF email attachments that are over 1MB in size. The end user needed to do this manually from a Command Console.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this,
- We create a formula of type 'Command Console'
- The formula retrieves the first 10 email attachments to be deleted
- It then deletes the attachment
North52 Decision Suite Steps
The following set of steps will set this formula up for you,
- Create a new formula of type 'Command Console'
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula description field
- Click save
The following set of steps will create the formula detail named 'RemoveEmailAttachments' for you,
- Using the subgrid in the bottom right hand corner create a new formula detail record.
- Set the name field to 'RemoveEmailAttachments'
- Set the fetch-xml to the query below
- Click Save
<fetch version="1.0" output-format="xml-platform" count="10" mapping="logical" distinct="false"> <entity name="activitymimeattachment"> <attribute name="activitymimeattachmentid" /> <attribute name="filename" /> <attribute name="filesize" /> <attribute name="mimetype" /> <filter type="and"> <condition attribute="mimetype" operator="eq" value="application/pdf" /> <condition attribute="filesize" operator="gt" value="1024000" /> </filter> </entity> </fetch>
Did you know?
North52 Quick Buttons can be used on Dynamics Portals Entity Forms
That's right, you can trigger complex business rules via a button on an Entity Form. You could:
- Retrieve information from another entity or even another system and return it to the form
- Create or Update records on the button click
- Process advanced decision logic from information that has been completed on the form but not submitted
- Have dynamic buttons showing different options dependent on your business rules
- And much more!
Learn more about North52 Quick Buttons for Dynamics Portals