In this business scenario you have a requirement to set & continually update a custom field on the Account entity called 'Total Open Opportunities'. This field is the sum of the estimated revenue field from all the opportunity records associated to the Account.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this,
- We create a formula of type 'Save To Parent' for the Opportunity entity
- Each time an Opportunity is Created, Updated (only when 'Est. Revenue' field changes) or Deleted the formula will execute
- The execution consists of summing up all the related opportunities that are currently set to Open
- The result of the sum will be stored in the custom field of the parent Account record
North52 Decision Suite Steps
- Create a new formula of type 'Save - To Parent'
- Set the Event field to 'Create, Update & Delete'
- Set the Source entity to 'Opportunity'
- Set the Source Property to 'Est. Revenue'
- Set the Relationship field to 'customerid (account)'
- Set the Target Property field to 'Total open Opps'.
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula description field & click save
- You are ready to test
FindSum('opportunity', SetFindAnd('customerid', 'statecode'), SetFindAnd([opportunity.customerid], '0'), 'estimatedvalue','0')
Wizard - FindSum
Did you know?
North52 provides Automated Testing for Dynamics 365
TestShield® is a unique solution that helps you automatically test your End to End Dynamics 365/CRM and Power Automate processes. It is built on the proven and robust North52 Business Process Activities rules engine and offers the ability to repetitively test and report on your key business processes.
TestShield's key features:
- Fully integrated with Dynamics 365
- Easy to use by BA's, Testers, and Developers
- Advanced test data generation and management
- Codeless advanced testing reduces test creation time
- Test and validate across all layers with a single test