In this business scenario you have a requirement to set & continually update a custom field on the Account entity called 'Total Open Opportunities'. This field is the sum of the estimated revenue field from all the opportunity records associated to the Account.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- We create a formula of type 'Save To Parent' for the Opportunity entity
- Each time an Opportunity is Created, Updated (only when 'Est. Revenue' field changes) or Deleted the formula will execute
- The execution consists of summing up all the related opportunities that are currently set to Open
- The result of the sum will be stored in the custom field of the parent Account record
N52 Formula Manager Steps
- Create a new formula of type 'Save - To Parent'
- Set the Event field to 'Create, Update & Delete'
- Set the Source entity to 'Opportunity'
- Set the Source Property to 'Est. Revenue'
- Set the Relationship field to 'customerid (account)'
- Set the Target Property field to 'Total open Opps'.
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula description field & click save
- You are ready to test
FindSum('opportunity', SetFindAnd('customerid', 'statecode'), SetFindAnd([opportunity.customerid], '0'), 'estimatedvalue','0')