In this business scenario you have a requirement to set & continually update a custom field on the Account entity called 'Total Open Opportunities'. This field is the sum of the estimated revenue field from all the opportunity records associated to the Account.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this,
- We create a formula of type 'Save To Parent' for the Opportunity entity
- Each time an Opportunity is Created, Updated (only when 'Est. Revenue' field changes) or Deleted the formula will execute
- The execution consists of summing up all the related opportunities that are currently set to Open
- The result of the sum will be stored in the custom field of the parent Account record
North52 Decision Suite Steps
- Create a new formula of type 'Save - To Parent'
- Set the Event field to 'Create, Update & Delete'
- Set the Source entity to 'Opportunity'
- Set the Source Property to 'Est. Revenue'
- Set the Relationship field to 'customerid (account)'
- Set the Target Property field to 'Total open Opps'.
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula description field & click save
- You are ready to test
Wizard - FindSum
Did you know?
North52 Quick Buttons can be used on Dynamics Portals Entity Forms
That's right, you can trigger complex business rules via a button on an Entity Form. You could:
- Retrieve information from another entity or even another system and return it to the form
- Create or Update records on the button click
- Process advanced decision logic from information that has been completed on the form but not submitted
- Have dynamic buttons showing different options dependent on your business rules
- And much more!
Learn more about North52 Quick Buttons for Dynamics Portals