North52 uses Microsoft page validation in order to ensure that required fields are filled out on Portal Basic and Multi-Step forms.
Microsoft adds page validation to a form on the portal for a variety of different reasons.
- If a text field is present on the form
- If a whole number field is present on the form
- If a field is marked as required on the form by field metadata
- If a field is required in the database
If you are using North52 to make field required on a Portal form then you must ensure that Microsoft page validation is present.
The solution to this issue would be to add an existing text field to the form
- such as the primary name field on the record (e.g name for accounts)
- use a North52 Formula to hide that field on the OnLoad event.