In this scenario, we want to make sure that any Opportunity that is associated with a disabled User gets flagged so that it can be reassigned.
We want to show a notification when an Opportunity is opened and the Opportunity's parent Account is owned by a disabled User.
North52 BPA Solution
The North52 BPA solution works like this:
- A formula is created that will trigger whenever a Opportunity record is opened
- The formula will check to see which User owns the parent Account of the Opportunity
- If the User is disable/inactive, the formula will set a form notification on the Opportunity to let users know it needs attention
- Navigate to Settings > N52 Formula
- Create a new formula, setting the following values in the Formula Guide:
- Source Entity set to Opportunity
- Set Formula Type to Clientside - Perform Action
- Set Event to Create & Update
- Select the Classic Editor
- Change the Name of the formula to Check if Parent Accounts Owner is Active
- Expand Source & Target
- In Source Property select OnLoad for the form that needs to show the notification
- Note if you see a message about duplicate form names, you will need to rename the forms until they are all unique. Go to Settings > Customizations > Customize the System
- On the Classic Editor, copy and paste the following formula:
iftrue(FindValue('systemuser','systemuserid',[opportunity.parentaccountid.ownerid.?],'isdisabled','?','true')= 1, SetFormNotification('Customer Account is inactive, please change to an Active account','WARNING')
- Click Save
To test the formula:
- Open up an Opportunity using the form you selected under Source Property above:
- Go to its parent Account by clicking the lookup field and from there, you can see the Owners lookup field like below:
- Disable this User and then go back and refresh the Opportunity form. You will see the form notification like below:
Did you know?
You can easily schedule recurring processes or CRM record updates
Every business has recurring processes and tasks that need to be done on repeatable and scheduled basis. Microsoft Dynamics 365 users are often surprised to learn that it is difficult to achieve using standard functionality. The North52 Scheduler makes it easy to trigger workflows and/or advanced business logic for specific entity records on a scheduled basis.
Key features include:
- Create Recurring Schedules within Dynamics CRM
- Powerful Record Targeting - easily create queries to target a specific set of records
- High Performance - can process 100,000+ records on a scheduled basis
- Execute Workflow/Action or Update Entities
- Native to Dynamics 365