In this scenario, we require that every User be given the North52 Formula Manager - Standard security role
We shall do this by creating a formula to update the security roles whenever a user is created.
North52 Decision Suite
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this:
- A formula is created that will trigger whenever a new User is created
- This formula will check to see if this User has been given the North52 Formula Manager - Standard role
- The formula will assign the role to the User if it does not already have it
Set up Formula
- Navigate to Settings > N52 Formula
- Create a new formula, setting the following values in the Formula Guide:
- Source Entity set to User
- Set Formula Type to Save - Perform Action
- Select the Classic Editor
- Change the Name of the formula to Auto assign North52 security roles to new users
- Set Event to Create
- Expand Deployment Settings
- Set Pipeline Stage to Post-Operation (Asynchronous)
- Copy and paste the following into the Classic Editor:
Smartflow( SetVar('GuidofRole',FindValue('role', 'name', 'North52 Formula Manager - Standard', 'roleid', '?', true)), SetVar('NumberofAssociations' , FindCount('systemuserroles', SetFindAnd('roleid','systemuserid' ), SetFindAnd(GetVar('GuidofRole'), [systemuser.systemuserid] ), 'systemuserid', '0', 'true')), Iftrue( GetVar('NumberofAssociations') <1, AssociateEntities('systemuser', [systemuser.systemuserid], 'role', FindValue('role', 'name', 'North52 Formula Manager - Standard', 'roleid', '?', true), 'systemuserroles_association' )))
- Click Save
You are now ready to test. To test the formula, create a User. You should see that the Security Role is set automatically as in the image below:
Did you know?
You can Connect to 1000s of Web Services as part of your Decision Logic
When your advanced business rules and complex logic requries that you integrate with other systems North52's Web Fusion functionality can help. It enables two-way data communication between your Dynamics 365/CRM system and another service or application.