In this business scenario we want to abandon a process if the Budget Amount is less than 100,000.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this:
- Each time an Opportunity's Budget Amount is changed, a formula will trigger
- The formula will check to see if the Budget Amount is less than 100,000
- If it is, the formula will set the Opportunity's Process Status to Abandoned
- Create a new formula, setting the following values in the Formula Guide
- Source Entity set to Opportunity
- Set Formula Type to Save - Perform Action
- Select the Classic editor
- Change the Name of the formula to Abandon low budget Opportunities
- Expand the Source & Target section
- Set the Source Property to Budget Amount
- Copy and paste the following formula into the formula editor:
ity.budgetamount] < 100000, UpdateRecord('opportunitysalesprocess', FindValue('opportunitysalesprocess', 'opportunityid', [opportunity.opportunityid], 'businessprocessflowinstanceid', '?', 'true'), SetAttributeStatus( 1, 3)))
- Click Save
Wizard - FindRecords
Please see below the wizard you can use to create the FindValue() function call used in this formula
Note: For the Equals Value, you will need to go to the Source tab and click on the Opportunity field
Did you know?
TestShield automated tests for Dynamics 365 are easily exported/imported
TestShield uses standard Dynamics 365 solutions to package up your configured tests for easy transport and deployment to other Dynamics 365 instances.
This enables use in automated Azure DevOps pipelines where you can automate the build of a Dynamics instance and apply the TestShield solution to execute your tests.
It also allows you to put your automated tests into source control alongside other customizations.