In this example, we will set up a Quick Button on the Account entity. On clicking this button, North52 will open up a new Opportunity entity with 3 fields filled out.
These fields will be :
- Description - We will set the Opportunity description field to New opportunity plus the date/time the Quick button was clicked
- Purchase Process - We will set this to Committee
- Potential Customer - We will set this to the Account record where the button was clicked
North52 Decision Suite Steps
The following set of steps assumes you are just using the out of the box Dynamics 365 setup. But its easy to enhance if you have extra fields/requirements.
- Create a new formula, setting the following values in the Formula Guide
- Source Entity set to Account
- Set Formula Type to ClientSide - Calculation
- Select the Decision Table editor
- Under the Register tab for Name , type New Opportunity with Account Details
- There are no Conditions for this formula so right-click in column A and select Delete > Delete Column
- Click cell A4, and click the + button to open the editor for this cell
- Copy and paste the following Formula:
OpenEntityForm('opportunity', 'null', SetAttribute('description', 'New Opportunity ' + utcdatetime()), SetAttribute('purchaseprocess', 1), Setattribute('customerid', [account.accountid]), Setattribute('customeridname', [account.name]), Setattribute('customeridtype', 'account') )
- Close the cell editor by clicking the X button in the top right of the cell editor
- Click Save
- Take a note of the Formula Short Code in the header of the Formula form
Note: If your Opportunity form doesn't use the composite Customer field you can use the Account lookup field instead using this Formula:
OpenEntityForm('opportunity', 'null', SetAttribute('description', 'New Opportunity ' + utcdatetime()), SetAttribute('purchaseprocess', 1), Setattribute('parentaccountid', [account.accountid]), Setattribute('parentaccountidname', [account.name]) )
Quick Button Steps
- Navigate to an Account record
- Open the Form Editor
- Insert a Web Resource selecting north52_quick_button_advanced.htm from the lookup
- Complete the Name and Label fields, using the text quickbutton
- In the Custom Parameter(data) field enter [Short Code]|New Opportunity|pure-button button-success
- On the Formatting tab set Number of Rows to 2, Scrolling to Never and uncheck Display Border
- Click OK
- Move the web resource into the desired position on your form
- Save and Publish the form
For full details of Quick Button parameters and setup please read this article.
- Open an Account record
- Click your New Opportunity button
- A new Opportunity form should open with the specific details completed as specified in the formula (see screen capture above)
Did you know?
You can easily build Fast and Accurate automated Tests with TestShield
No scripting or development is required. Our point and click editor enables non-coders to build automated tests for Dynamics 365 much faster and easier than traditional automated testing systems.
Test Data and rules are stored in easy to maintain Excel-like sheets making it fast and easy to learn how to use TestShield.