In this scenario, we want to assign Ownership of an Opportunity depending of the amount of revenue that has been estimated.
We will create a formula that assigns an Opportunity to our Big Opportunity Sales Team for any Opportunity that has an Est Revenue greater than 1 million euro.
This formula will also assigns the Opportunity to our Small Opportunity Sales Team for any Opportunity that has an Est Revenue less than 1 million euro.
Note 1: For this example you will need to have two teams called Big Opportunity Sales Team and Small Opportunity Sales Team setup beforehand.
They will need to have sufficient access to own an Opportunity record - the role Sales Manager will give them this.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this:
- A formula of type 'Save - Perform Action' is created on the Opportunity entity
- This Formula will be triggered whenever an Opportunity is created or the Est. Revenue field is updated
- The formula will assign the Opportunity record to the revenant Team depending on the value of the Est Revenue field.
North52 Decision Suite Steps
- Create a new formula of type 'Save - Perform Action'
- Set the Mode to 'Server Side'
- Set Event to 'Create & Update'
- Set Source Entity as 'Opportunity '
- Set Source Property to 'Est. Revenue'
- Click into the Formula Editor canvas
- Copy and paste the formula below into the Formula Editor
- Click Save
- You are now ready to test.
if ([opportunity.estimatedvalue] > 1000000, UpdateRecord('opportunity', [opportunity.opportunityid], SetAttribute('ownerid', FindValueQuickIdEx('team', 'Big Opportunity Sales Team') )), UpdateRecord('opportunity', [opportunity.opportunityid], SetAttribute('ownerid', FindValueQuickIdEx('team', 'Small Opportunity Sales Team') )) )
Did you know?
North52's Decision Suite has over 60 functions specifically for Client Side business rules
With over 60 functions for implementing client side business rules, North52 is likely to meet any of your client side specific requirements. From simple rules for showing and hiding form elements to complex rules for changing the way users work with Business Process Flows, the North52 business rules engine for Dynamics 365 has you covered.