In this scenario, we want to assign Ownership of an Opportunity depending of the amount of revenue that has been estimated.
We will create a formula that assigns an Opportunity to our Big Opportunity Sales Team for any Opportunity that has an Est Revenue greater than 1 million euro.
This formula will also assigns the Opportunity to our Small Opportunity Sales Team for any Opportunity that has an Est Revenue less than 1 million euro.
Note 1 : For this example you will need to have two teams called Big Opportunity Sales Team and Small Opportunity Sales Team setup beforehand.
They will need to have sufficient access to own an Opportunity record - the role Sales Manager will give them this.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this:
- A formula of type 'Save - Perform Action' is created on the Opportunity entity
- This Formula will be triggered whenever an Opportunity is created or the Est. Revenue field is updated
- The formula will assign the Opportunity record to the revenant Team depending on the value of the Est Revenue field.
N52 Formula Manager Steps
- Create a new formula of type 'Save - Perform Action'
- Set the Mode to 'Server Side'
- Set Event to 'Create & Update'
- Set Source Entity as 'Opportunity '
- Set Source Property to 'Est. Revenue'
- Click into the Formula Editor canvas
- Copy and paste the formula below into the Formula Editor
- Click Save
- You are now ready to test.
if ([opportunity.estimatedvalue] > 1000000, UpdateRecord('opportunity', [opportunity.opportunityid], SetAttribute('ownerid', FindValueQuickIdEx('team', 'Big Opportunity Sales Team') )), UpdateRecord('opportunity', [opportunity.opportunityid], SetAttribute('ownerid', FindValueQuickIdEx('team', 'Small Opportunity Sales Team') )) )
Did you know?
North52 helps streamline complex healthcare processes
Healthcare providers are no strangers to complex processes and rules. Patients expect efficient and seamless service.
The North52 business rules engine helps healthcare providers implement complex rules in their Dynamics 365 systems quickly and without code. The rules are easily modified, tested and deployed as regulations and requirements change.