In your business, you may wish to show/hide certain parts of a form on command.
In this scenario, we are required to hide the Company Profile and the Marketing field whenever a Quick Button is pushed.
Note : you will need to create Account - Employee Info form before beginning this example.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this:
- A formula of type 'ClientSide - Calculation' will be created that will enact the bulk of the workload
- The formula is triggered whenever the Quick Button is pushed.
- The formula checks to see if the Form is called Account - Employee Info
- If it is, the formula will hide the Sections Marketing and Contact Preferences under the Details Tab.
: If you wish to hide other Sections, using the Wizard (shown below) will quickly find the exact name you need.
N52 Formula Manager Steps
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula:
- Create a new formula of type 'ClientSide - Calculation'
- Set the Mode to 'ClientSide'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Account'
- Go to the Formula editor
- Copy and paste the formula below
- Click Save
iftrue (FindValueQuickName('systemform', GetFormId() ) = 'Account - Employee Info' ,
Wizard - HideSections
Please see below the wizard you can use to create the HideSections() function call used in this formula.
Note you will need to create the form Account - Employee Info beforehand.