In your business, you may wish to show/hide certain parts of a form on command.
Note: you will need to create Account - Employee Info form before beginning this example.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this:
- A formula of type ClientSide - Calculation will be created that will enact the bulk of the workload
- The formula is triggered whenever the Quick Button is clicked
- The formula checks to see if the Form is called Account - Employee Info
- If it is, the formula will hide the Sections Marketing and Contact Preferences under the Details tab
North52 Decision Suite Steps
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula:
- Create a new formula of type 'ClientSide - Calculation'
- Set the Mode to 'ClientSide'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Account'
- Go to the Formula editor
- Copy and paste the formula below
- Click Save
iftrue (FindValueQuickName('systemform', GetFormId() ) = 'Account - Employee Info' , HideSections('DETAILS_TAB.CONTACT_PREFERENCES','DETAILS_TAB.MARKETING') )
Wizard - HideSections
Did you know?
xCache helps you manage environment specific configuration
North52's Decision Suite component xCache allows you to set up environment specific data to allow you to use different values for different instances. Your advanced business rules logic could be the same, however you need to use specific reference values for a particular instance.
For example, credentials for a web service used in your Formula - you will likely use different keys/URLs for your Dev, Test and Production instances. Store these in xCache and let the North52 business rules engine apply the correct ones at runtime!
Did you know?
North52 provides Automated Testing for Dynamics 365
TestShield® is a unique solution that helps you automatically test your End to End Dynamics 365/CRM and Power Automate processes. It is built on the proven and robust North52 Business Process Activities rules engine and offers the ability to repetitively test and report on your key business processes.
TestShield's key features:
- Fully integrated with Dynamics 365
- Easy to use by BA's, Testers, and Developers
- Advanced test data generation and management
- Codeless advanced testing reduces test creation time
- Test and validate across all layers with a single test