In this scenario, we want our Sale Manager to be brought in automatically to important Opportunities.
We will create a formula that adds our Sales Manager into the Access team for any Opportunity that has an Est Revenue greater than 1 euro.
This formula will also remove our Sales Manager from this Team access if the Est. Revenue goes below 1 million 1 euro.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this:
- A formula of type 'Save - Perform Action' is created on the Opportunity entity
- This Formula will be triggered whenever an Opportunity is created or the Est. Revenue field is updated
- The formula will add the User John Grace to the Team Access for the Opportunity record if the Estimated Revenue is greater than 1 million euros
- It will also remove user John Grace if the Est Revenue goes below 1 million euros
N52 Formula Manager Steps
- Create a new formula of type 'Save - Perform Action'
- Set the Mode to 'Server Side'
- Set Event to 'Create & Update'
- Set Source Entity as 'Opportunity '
- Set Source Property to 'Est. Revenue'
- Click into the Formula Editor canvas
- Copy and paste the formula below into the Formula Editor
- Click Save
If ([opportunity.estimatedvalue] > 1000000, AddUsersToAccessTeam('opportunity',[opportunity.opportunityid], FindValueQuickId('systemuser','John Grace'), 'Opportunity Sales Team Template'), RemoveUsersFromAccessTeam('opportunity',[opportunity.opportunityid], FindValueQuickId('systemuser','John Grace'), 'Opportunity Sales Team Template') )
To test if this Access Team has been added, we will add a SubGrid to view this team on the Opportunity. Below is a screenshot of the SubGrids setup.