In this scenario, we want our Sale Manager to be brought in automatically to important Opportunities.
We will create a formula that adds our Sales Manager into the Access team for any Opportunity that has an Est Revenue greater than 1 euro.
This formula will also remove our Sales Manager from this Team access if the Est. Revenue goes below 1 million 1 euro.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this:
- A formula of type 'Save - Perform Action' is created on the Opportunity entity
- This Formula will be triggered whenever an Opportunity is created or the Est. Revenue field is updated
- The formula will add the User John Grace to the Team Access for the Opportunity record if the Estimated Revenue is greater than 1 million euros
- It will also remove user John Grace if the Est Revenue goes below 1 million euros
N52 Formula Manager Steps
- Create a new formula of type 'Save - Perform Action'
- Set the Mode to 'Server Side'
- Set Event to 'Create & Update'
- Set Source Entity as 'Opportunity '
- Set Source Property to 'Est. Revenue'
- Click into the Formula Editor canvas
- Copy and paste the formula below into the Formula Editor
- Click Save
If ([opportunity.estimatedvalue] > 1000000, AddUsersToAccessTeam('opportunity',[opportunity.opportunityid], FindValueQuickId('systemuser','John Grace'), 'Opportunity Sales Team Template'), RemoveUsersFromAccessTeam('opportunity',[opportunity.opportunityid], FindValueQuickId('systemuser','John Grace'), 'Opportunity Sales Team Template') )
To test if this Access Team has been added, we will add a SubGrid to view this team on the Opportunity. Below is a screenshot of the SubGrids setup.
Did you know?
North52 Quick Tiles can be displayed on Dynamics Portals Entity Forms
That's right, you can display information via North52 Quick Tiles on an Entity Form. Display things like:
- Number of cases remaining
- Current support repsonse time
- Remaining credits
- Outstand balance
- And much more...
Configure your rules/decision logic using North52 Decision Tables. You can have one, two, three…or ten tiles - you choose!
Learn more about North52 Quick Tiles for Portals