In this scenario, we want our Sale Manager to be brought in automatically to important Opportunities.
We will create a formula that adds our Sales Manager into the Access team for any Opportunity that has an Est Revenue greater than 1 euro.
This formula will also remove our Sales Manager from this Team access if the Est. Revenue goes below 1 million 1 euro.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this:
- A formula of type 'Save - Perform Action' is created on the Opportunity entity
- This Formula will be triggered whenever an Opportunity is created or the Est. Revenue field is updated
- The formula will add the User John Grace to the Team Access for the Opportunity record if the Estimated Revenue is greater than 1 million euros
- It will also remove user John Grace if the Est Revenue goes below 1 million euros
North52 Decision Suite Steps
- Create a new formula of type 'Save - Perform Action'
- Set the Mode to 'Server Side'
- Set Event to 'Create & Update'
- Set Source Entity as 'Opportunity '
- Set Source Property to 'Est. Revenue'
- Click into the Formula Editor canvas
- Copy and paste the formula below into the Formula Editor
- Click Save
If ([opportunity.estimatedvalue] > 1000000, AddUsersToAccessTeam('opportunity',[opportunity.opportunityid], FindValueQuickId('systemuser','John Grace'), 'Opportunity Sales Team Template'), RemoveUsersFromAccessTeam('opportunity',[opportunity.opportunityid], FindValueQuickId('systemuser','John Grace'), 'Opportunity Sales Team Template') )
To test if this Access Team has been added, we will add a SubGrid to view this team on the Opportunity. Below is a screenshot of the SubGrids setup.
Did you know?
xCache helps you manage environment specific configuration
North52's Decision Suite component xCache allows you to set up environment specific data to allow you to use different values for different instances. Your advanced business rules logic could be the same, however you need to use specific reference values for a particular instance.
For example, credentials for a web service used in your Formula - you will likely use different keys/URLs for your Dev, Test and Production instances. Store these in xCache and let the North52 business rules engine apply the correct ones at runtime!