In this Scenario, our users need the ability to quickly create a Contact that is associated with an Account. They want for shared fields to be copied from the Account to the new Contact.
We shall accomplish this by creating a Quick button that triggers a formula on the Account entity. This formula will create a Contact with all the mapped fields associated with its Parent Account copied over.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this:
- A formula of type 'Process Genie' is created on the Account entity
- This Formula will be triggered by a Quick Button on the Account Form.
- The formula will create a Contact using the fields that are mapped from the Account.
- This formula will also set two fields - Last Name and Description - to a default value.
Note 1: The Parent Account Entity will not have a name that can be used. We will need to set a default name for the new Contact that can be altered later.
North52 Decision Suite Steps
- Create a new formula of type 'Process Genie'
- Set the Mode to 'Server Side'
- Set Display Format to 'String'
- Set Source Entity as 'Account '
- Click into the Formula Editor canvas
- Copy and paste the formula below into the Formula Editor
- Click Save
CreateRecordFromParent('account', [account.accountid], 'contact', SetAttribute('lastname','Enter Last Name here' + UtcDateTime() ), SetAttribute('description','Enter Description here' ))
Quick Button :
Please see article at this link for instructions on how to set up the quick button which will trigger this formula.
Once all three parts above are finished, you are ready to test.
Note 2: When the Contact has been created by clicking the Quick Button, the Name of the Contact will need to be updated.