When you are upgrading from a version prior to 184.108.40.2060 you may need to perform additional steps over the standard solution import.
CreateRecord() & UpdateRecord()
The setting of dates has changed in release 220.127.116.110 for the CreateRecord() and UpdateRecord() functions. In previous versions these functions used to set a datetime field with the local timezone. This has now been changed so that it now uses UTC timezone.
This makes several things easier to do like,
- Reduces the need to use UtcTimeFromLocalTime() or LocalTimeFromUtcTime() functions.
- Improves consistency, in using UTC datetimes
Steps to take,
- Review all formulas using either the CreateRecord() or UpdateRecord() functions where a date field is being set.
- If using UtcTimeFromLocalTime() or LocalTimeFromUtcTime() in most cases you can just remove.
- For other formulas determine if this change from a local datetime to UTC datetime would affect the business logic
Note 1 :
As always perform testing to ensure this change does not affect your business requirements in an adverse manner.
Note 2 :
Handling and Setting Dates
Note 3 :
If you have any formulas using the LocalTimeFromUtcTime() function please test to ensure the desired outcome.
If you run into any difficulties please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.