This article will walk you through how to deploy your North52 Formula, Scheduler, xCache and Data Packager records from one Dynamics 365 instance to another.For example this could be when you are moving between a development and test instance.
Steps to deploy from one Dynamics 365 instance to anotherThe process is very similar to how you normally do this within Dynamics 365 in that we use a solution to deploy all the Formula, Schedule, xCache and Data Packager records.
- Navigate to the source Dynamics 365 instance which contains the Formula, Scheduler, xCache and Data Packager records you want to deploy
- Navigate to the list of solutions and select the solution named North52 Business Process Activities Deployment (or your custom solution)
- Click the Export button
- When exporting it is recommended that you export an unmanaged solution
- Save the solution file to your PC
- Navigate to the list of solutions within the target Dynamics 365 instance
- Click the Import button to import the unmanaged solution
- Follow the steps provided by the wizard
- When prompted, choose Overwrite Customizations
- Click the Publish All Customizations button so that the Formula, Scheduler, xCache and Data Packager records get created
- The process to create the North52 records runs in the background as a workflow named N52 Publish All
- You can monitor this under System Jobs
By default, the solution North52 Business Process Activities Deployment will contain any North52 Formula, Scheduler, xCache and Data Packager records that you have created in your Dynamics 365 instance.
It can be exported and imported to other Dynamics 365 instances as you would normally do with other solutions containing your customizations.
The Formula, Scheduler, xCache and Data Packager records get created as XML web resources within the North52 Business Process Activities Deployment solution.
This process happens automatically for you as you create North52 records using the normal user interface.
If you make subsequent updates to a North52 record these resources in the solution will get automatically updated as well so they are always kept in sync. The screenshot below shows how 3 formulas look like within this solution:
You do not need to use the North52 Business Process Activities Deployment solution. By changing the Deployment Settings within your Formulas, Schedules, xCache and Data Packages, you can set them to be in any custom solution.
This means that you can combine your other customizations with North52 Formulas, Schedules, xCache and Data Packages and create a solution for a specific business requirement/area - we make it easy to work within your existing processes.
When moving custom solutions it is recommended to use the same Export/Import steps as above.
Did you know?
North52 has over 500 functions to help you implement advanced business rules and complex decision logic
The Formula Manager, part of the North52 Decision Suite is a business rules engine that aims to eliminate this custom coding by using simple formulas instead. It is significantly faster (up to 10 times) than writing custom code and you get the added bonus of lower cost updates if a business rule changes in the future (it is much faster and thus cheaper to change it using a Formula rather than custom code).
There are over 500 functions available in the North52 Decision Suite business rules engine!