Upgrade CRM 2016 to Dynamics 365
The Dynamics 365 upgrade process from Dynamics 2016 has introduced a bug whereby Microsoft do not set the field EntitySetName for the metadata of the North52 entities.
The underlying issue here is that Microsoft is not populating the field ‘EntitySetName’ on the metatdata when upgrading from CRM 2016 to Dynamics365. If you use XrmToolBox to look at the metadata in your CRM system, you will see the highlighted fields below are blank.
In order to resolve this you will be required to execute a one-time upgrade step to set the EntitySetName field on the metadata for the North52 entities. The following steps walk you through this process,
- Navigate to Settings > BPA Home
- Click on 'North52 Operations'
- Click the lighting bot icon to execute the upgrade steps
- The process will take about 30 seconds and you will see the names of the North52 BPA entities show up on the left hand side as they are processed
- The upgrade is complete when you see the message 'Finished...'