This scenario shows you how xCache can help you when you are working in multiple Dynamics 365 environments.
For this example we will assume 2 Dynamics 365 instances:
- A Test instance
- A Production instance
The sales agents process payments via a third party payment gateway that opens up in a new html window. When the agents are working in Production, we want to reach the Live payments gateway, when anyone generates the payment link from Dynamics 365 in Test we want them to reach the Test payments page.
Instead of changing Formulas or xCache settings each time we move a solution from Test to Production, we instead create 2 xCache records, then North52 rules engine will automatically retrieve and use the correct URL for the instance it is executing under.
To achieve these we use the Org Name Key field on an xCache record.
North52 Decision Suite
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this:
- We create 2 xCache records
- Both have the same Category and Base Key, but different values for Org Name Key
- For each xCache record we put the URL of the payment site into the Value field
- We then use a single Formula call to open the payments window from Dynamics 365
The xCacheGetGlobal() function returns the value that matches the Org Name Key that matches the current organisation the Formula is running in.
In Test it will generate the test link, in Production it will generate the production link.
Configure the Formula
The following set of steps will set this Formula up for you:
- Create a new Formula of type Clientside - Perform Action
- Set the Source Entity to Account
- Set the Source Property to the form action/field you wish to trigger this Formula
- Copy and paste the Formula below into the Formula editor:
- Click Save and then test
Dynamics 365 Organization Unique Name
Find the Organization Unique Name:
- Navigating to your environment and in the right hand top corner, click on the cog wheel
- Select Advanced settings > Settings > Customizations > Developer Resources