The Timesheet App from North52 is a ready-go-to solution for Microsoft CRM 2013+ that allows you to easily track time in CRM. It comes preconfigured with relationships to Cases and Opportunities but you can easily modify the solution to fit your needs.
- Simple buttons to Start, Pause and Stop your Timesheet records.
- Rules to ensure only one Timesheet record is in 'Timer' status. If a new record is created any record currently in 'Timer' status will be changed to 'Paused' to prevent any duplication of time.
- Automatic calculation of duration.
- Notifications message depending on the status of the Timesheet record.
- Approval process with simple Approve and Reject buttons.
- Workflow for bulk approval or rejection
- Rules that only allow a User's line manager (as defined on the User record) or a User with the Timesheet Approver security role to Approve a Timesheet.
Please contact us if you would like a trial license key to test the Timesheet App (at least a Professional Edition licence is required for continued use).
Installation only takes a few minutes...
- Install North52 BPA - Download
- Install the North52 Timesheet App - Download
- Publish all customizations
- Optionally customize the Timesheet entity to display it under the Sales, Service, Marketing and or Settings areas. Publish and refresh your browser page to reload the navigation.
- Assign the Timesheet User or Timesheet Manager and optionally the Timesheet Approver security roles to the relevant users. Ensure that users also have the North52 BPA - Standard security role too.
- You are ready to start recording time in CRM!
- Navigate to a Case or Opportunity record
- From the Associated Grid navigation menu select Timesheets
- Click the Add New Timesheet button on the sub grid navigation bar
- Enter a Description for your Timesheet and Save. The Timesheet record will refresh and display a notification saying the timer is currently running and the Pause Timer and Stop Timer buttons are displayed.
- Wait a minute or two.
- Go to another Case or Opportunity and add another Timesheet record. You will notice that your previous Timesheet record which had the 'Timer' status has now been paused.
- Wait another minute or two and click the Stop Timer button.
- The page will refresh and a notification will be displayed saying that the Timesheet record is awaiting approval.
- If you have the Timesheet Approver role you the Approve and Reject buttons will be displayed on the record.
- Optionally add some Approval Notes and click either the Approve button.
- The record will be made inactive with the Status Reason of Approved. The Approved By and Approval Datefields are set automatically.
- The solution includes a workflow to Bulk Approve Timesheet records. Validation logic will still apply.
- You can customise the Timesheet entity to add relationships to other records you may wish to record time against.
What's in the solution?
- Timesheet custom entity and icons
- 3 Security Roles:
- Timesheet User - needed for users to enter and submit time. By default only have access to their own Timesheets.
- Timesheet Manager - allows a user to view and edit Timesheet records they don't own, however it doesn't allow approval unless the User is a Manager (as specified on the User record) of the Timesheet owner.
- Timesheet Approver - allows non-managers to Approve Timesheets. Needs to be used in conjunction with the Timesheet Manager role.
- 14 Formulas to enforce the business logic of the app. Most are commented to explain what the logic is doing where it may not be obvious.