In this business scenario the requirement is to disable a Quick button on the Lead Entity unless certain criteria are met.
To allow use of the Quick Button labelled Promote, the Budget must be above €5000.
Any Budget lower than that and the option to click this button should be disabled.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this:
- A simple client-side Decision Table is set up which checks the Budget Amount field
- If it is less than 5000 then the Action to disable the Quick Button is invoked
North52 Decision Suite Steps
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula:
- Create a new formula of type 'Clientside - Perform Action'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Lead'
- Set the Mode to 'Client Side'
- Set the Source Property to 'Budget Amount'
- Click Save
- Go to the Decision Table editor
- Click on cell A2
- Go to the Source tab and search for "budget"
- Expand Source
- Click on Budget Amount
- Click on cell A4
- Type <5000
- Click on cell B4
- Click on the Function tab
- Search for "quick"
- Shift+Click on QuickButtonDisable to open the function wizard:
- For Friendly Name enter Disable Promote Button
- For Webresource Name, enter WebResource_promote (copy the name specified on your form)
- Click Save
- It is now ready to test.
Did you know?
North52 Decision Suite helps streamline complex business processes
North52 Decision Suite is a cloud-based or on-premise decision management/decision engine platform for the Dynamics 365 and Power Platform that uses data, analytics and business rules to automate decisions.
Companies use North52 to streamline their processes, improve the quality of the decisions inside their Dynamics 365 systems, and shorten the time it takes to adjust to business and competitive changes.