In this scenario we need users creating/updating an Opportunity to fill out different Forms depending on the size of the Opportunity's estimated revenue.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- A formula of type 'ClientSide - Perform Action' is created that triggers whenever the 'Estimated Revenue' field is populated or changed on any of the 3 Opportunity forms.
- The 3 Forms are the default Opportunity form, the Large Opportunity Form and the Small Opportunity form.
- The formula checks the value entered into the 'Estimate Revenue' field against its condition statements.
- The formula saves the information entered so far into the Form and loads up the new Opportunity Form that is required.
N52 Formula Manager Steps
- Create a new formula of type 'ClientSide - Perform Action'
- Set Event to 'Create and Update'
- Set Source Entity to 'Opportunity'
- Source Property: Ctrl+Click OnLoad , OnSave and Est Revenue under the section ***Small Opportunity Events***
- Scroll down to *** Large Opportunity Events *** and Ctrl+Click OnLoad , OnSave and Est Revenue
- Continue scrolling down to *** Opportunity Events *** and Ctrl+Click OnLoad , OnSave and Est Revenue
- If not already in Decision Table mode, click on the Commands dropdown and select Toggle Editor
- Right click on cell A2 and select Insert > Insert Condition
- Click cell A2 and go to the Function tab
- Search for "Contain"
- Shift click Contain to open up its wizard
- For Friendly Name , type "Field Change"
- For Input String, go to the Function tab and search for GetSourceChangeList and click on it
- For String to Find, go to the Source tab and expand Source.
- Search for "Est. Revenue" and Ctrl + Click it.
- You should now have the value 'estimatedvalue' in String To Find
- Click Generate
- In cell A4 , type True
- Select cell B2 under the second Condition column and click on the Source tab
- Click on "Est. Revenue" again
- In cell B5 enter >1000000
- Right-click on cell C2 and select Set Action Column Options > Set ClientSide Action
- Right-click on cell C2 again and select Insert Action
- Right-click on cell D2 and select Set Action Column Options > Set ClientSide Action
- Click on cell C4 and click on the Function tab
- Search for 'FormSave' and select FormSave()
- Click on cell D5 and click on the Function tab
- Search for 'Select' and shift-click on SelectFormByName to open its wizard:
- Friendly Name: enter Change form to Large Opportunity
- Form Name: enter Large Opportunity
- Click Generate
- Click on cell D6 and shift-click on SelectFormByName to open its wizard:
- Friendly Name: enter Change form to Small Opportunity
- Form Name: enter Small Opportunity
- Click Generate
- Click Save
- Go to the N52 COMMANDS menu and select Publish Formula
Did you know?
TestShield enables effective test data management
Test data can be easily created from existing records in your system, generating a 'snapshot' of data that represents a valid (or invalid) scenario. This can be easily manipluated and variations created in the Test Data editor to cover valid or invalid test scenarios. Sensitive data can be masked, changed or removed.
The saved test data is then available to be used when creating your automated tests. It can be reused many times over avoiding repeated effort and maximizing the value of the work done.