In this scenario we needed the ability to create and open an appointment directly from a lead in CRM using a North52 Quick Button on the form. The screenshot below shows how this button would appear on the lead form.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this,
- A formula of type 'ClientSide - Calculation' is created to perform the desired action
- A North52 Quick Button is placed on the Lead form **
- When the button is clicked the formula will execute
- After execution the Quick Button will open the newly created appointment record
** Instructions on how to add the button to the form are at this link.
North52 Decision Suite Steps
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula
- Create a new formula of type 'ClientSide Calculation'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Lead'
- Set the Mode to 'Client Side'
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula
- Click save & test
Smartflow( SetVar('Create_Child_record' , CreateRecord('appointment', SetAttribute('activitytypecode', '4201'), SetAttribute('description', 'Reminder Meeting with Client'), SetAttributeLookup('regardingobjectid', 'lead' ,[lead.leadid]), SetAttribute('scheduledstart', AddHours(UtcDateTime(),1)), SetAttribute('scheduledend', AddHours(UtcDateTime(),2)), SetAttribute('subject', 'Follow up on Sales Lead!'), SetAttributePartyList('requiredattendees', 'systemuser',WhoAmI()))), OpenEntityForm('appointment', GetVar('Create_Child_record')) )
Please see article at this link for instructions on how to set up the quick button which will trigger this formula.
Wizard - AddHours
Did you know?
North52 Decision Suite helps organizations in all Industries
The North52 Decision Suite allows organizations to manage and automate the many decisions found in your processes. North52 helps:
- Automate costly and repetitive decisions
- Monitor and improve the quality of decisions
- Ensure consistency
- Enable fast response to change
All organizations in all industries can benefit from software that automate decisions related to risk, compliance, and configuration.