In this scenario we needed the ability to create and open an appointment directly from a lead in CRM using a North52 Quick Button on the form. The screenshot below shows how this button would appear on the lead form.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- A formula of type 'ClientSide - Calculation' is created to perform the desired action
- A North52 Quick Button is placed on the Lead form **
- When the button is clicked the formula will execute
- After execution the Quick Button will open the newly created appointment record
** Instructions on how to add the button to the form are at this link.
N52 Formula Manager Steps
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula
- Create a new formula of type 'ClientSide Calculation'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Lead'
- Set the Mode to 'Client Side'
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula
- Click save & test
Smartflow( SetVar('Create_Child_record' , CreateRecord('appointment', SetAttribute('activitytypecode', '4201'), SetAttribute('description', 'Reminder Meeting with Client'), SetAttributeLookup('regardingobjectid', 'lead' ,[lead.leadid]), SetAttribute('scheduledstart', AddHours(UtcDateTime(),1)), SetAttribute('scheduledend', AddHours(UtcDateTime(),2)), SetAttribute('subject', 'Follow up on Sales Lead!'), SetAttributePartyList('requiredattendees', 'systemuser',WhoAmI()))), OpenEntityForm('appointment', GetVar('Create_Child_record')) )
Please see article at this link for instructions on how to set up the quick button which will trigger this formula.
Wizard - AddHours