In this scenario we will demonstrate how to quickly and easily set up a Decision Table based around Credit Cards.
For this article it is assumed that you have at least basic familiarity with Decision Tables and/or have read the following articles:
We will use the following custom fields on the Contact entity to decide if a customer is entitled to a Platinum Credit card:
- Annual Income
- Total Assets of Applicant
- Credit Score
If a customer matches any of the scenarios below then they are entitled to a Platinum credit card.
As you can see there are 12 possible combinations each with 3 variables to check which means 36 data points to check.
The easiest and fastest way to achieve the desired functionality is with a North52 Decision Table.
|< 100000||< 500000||> 188|
|< 100000||Between 50000 and 100000||> 180|
|< 100000||> 1000000||> 172|
|Between 100000 and 150000||< 500000||> 164|
|Between 100000 and 150000||Between 50000 and 100000||> 159|
|Between 100000 and 150000||> 1000000||> 151|
|Between 150000 and 200000||< 500000||> 145|
|Between 150000 and 200000||Between 50000 and 100000||> 134|
|Between 150000 and 200000||> 1000000||> 131|
|> 200000||< 500000||> 124|
|> 200000||Between 50000 and 100000||> 120|
|> 200000||> 1000000||> 112|
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- A new North 52 Formula of type 'Save - Perform Action' is created on the Contact entity
- The Source Properties for this formula are 'Annual Income', 'Total Assets of Applicant' and 'Credit Score'
- Set the Event to be 'Create & Update'
- Switch the North52 formula to the Decision Table editor (Commands > Toggle Editor)
- Add 2 additional Condition Columns and set the 3 Columns to check against the Annual Income, Total Assets and Credit Score
- Set the Action Column to update the Credit Card field.
- Finally we add the condition values to the to Decision Table editor and save
Testing the Decision Table
We open a Contact record and set the following fields and values
- Annual Income to €120,000
- Total Assets of Application to €440,000
- Credit Score to 174