In this scenario the business requirement is that we need the ability to trigger a Dialog whenever need on a form.
To do this, we will set up a Quick Button that triggers this Dialog whenever the field Send Marketing Materials is set to Send.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- The formula executes on the execution of a Quick Button
- It checks to see if a field called Send Marketing Materials is set to 'Send''
- If so the formula triggers the Dialog SendMarketing.
N52 Quick Button
Please follow the instructions to create a Quick Button here, using the Shortcode of the formula you made above.
Once you have added the Quick Button, you are ready to test. The Dialog should start once the button is pushed.
N52 Formula Manager Steps
- Create a new formula of type 'Process Genie'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Account'
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula description field & click save
- You are ready to test
iftrue([account.donotsendmm] = false, ExecuteDialog('SendMarketing'))