In this scenario the business requirement is that we need the ability to trigger a Dialog whenever need on a form.
To do this, we will set up a Quick Button that triggers this Dialog whenever the field Send Marketing Materials is set to Send.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this,
- The formula executes on the execution of a Quick Button
- It checks to see if a field called Send Marketing Materials is set to 'Send''
- If so the formula triggers the Dialog SendMarketing.
N52 Quick Button
Please follow the instructions to create a Quick Button here, using the Shortcode of the formula you made above.
Once you have added the Quick Button, you are ready to test. The Dialog should start once the button is pushed.
North52 Decision Suite Steps
- Create a new formula of type 'Process Genie'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Account'
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula description field & click save
- You are ready to test
iftrue([account.donotsendmm] = false, ExecuteDialog('SendMarketing'))
Wizard - ExecuteDialog
Did you know?
You can create advanced rules for model driven app navigation (ribbon) buttons
North52's Decision Suite has functionality that we call Quick Ribbon that allows you associate a North52 Formula with a Ribbon button for model driven apps.
You can execute advanced business logic using the North52 business rules engine for Dynamics 365. Scenarios include:
- Click button to clone a record
- Click button to execute a Formula for multiple records in a grid
- Use Formula logic to enable/disable or show/hide a button