In this example we have an requirement to make sure any Contact does not already have a Queue associated with any if its email addresses.
Note : You will need to make all three email fields ( Email, Email Address 2, Email Address 3 ) visible on the form for this example. You will also need to give some Queue entities an Incoming Email value for testing.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this,
- Whenever a Contact is created or its 3 email fields ( Email, Email Address 2, Email Address 3 ) are updated , the formula is triggered.
- The formula will create a list of every Queue entities Incoming Email.
- The formula will then compare this list to the 3 email addresses on the Contact entity
- If any of the emails match, the field in question is cleared.
North52 Decision Suite Steps
- Create a new formula of type 'Save - Perform Action'
- Set the Event field to 'Create & Update'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Contact'
- Set the Source Property to 'Email ' , 'Email Address 2' and 'Email Address 3' . Note to mutli-select, please hold down Ctrl.
- Expand Deployment Settings
- Set Pipeline Stage to' Pre-Operation (Synchronous) '
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula description field & click save
- You are ready to test
Note : To test ,create a Queue and give its Incoming Email a value. Then try to create a Contact with the same value for any of its email addresses.
SmartFlow( SetVar('EmailList' , FindListValues('queue','*','*','emailaddress','50','true')) , SetEntityTargetRecord( iftrue ( Contains(GetVar('EmailList'),[contact.emailaddress1]) , SetAttribute('emailaddress1', Clear()) ), iftrue ( Contains(GetVar('EmailList'),[contact.emailaddress2]) , SetAttribute('emailaddress2', Clear()) ), iftrue ( Contains(GetVar('EmailList'),[contact.emailaddress3]) , SetAttribute('emailaddress3', Clear()) ) ) )
Did you know?
North52 helps with Case Management in Dynamics 365
Managing casework can be complex - North52 BPA is a comprehensive rules engine platform that is perfectly suited to Case Management.
Traditional workflow usually moves through a very specific set of steps and assignments for every task, however with Case Management it does not always follow a predicable path.
North52 can apply rules as the case is worked on - new information can be used to define what tasks need to be done or information gathered. The rules are easily set up and maintained using our no-code editor.