In your business, you may wish to hide certain fields/sections depending on the Form type the user is using.
In this scenario, we are required to hide the Address Section when a user accesses CRM via the Update Form Type.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this:
- A formula of type 'ClientSide - Perform Action' will be created that will enact the bulk of the workload
- The formula is triggered whenever an Account form is loaded
- The formula will check the form type
- If the form type is 'Update', the formula will hide the Address section
North52 Decision Suite Steps
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula:
- Create a new formula of type ClientSide - Perform Action
- Set the Mode to 'ClientSide'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Account'
- Set the Source Property to OnLoad for all forms (hold Ctrl to multi-select)
- Go to the Formula editor
- Copy and paste the formula below
- Click Save
iftrue(GetFormType() = 2 , HideSections('SUMMARY_TAB.ADDRESS') )
The different options for the Form Type are shown below
Wizard - HideSections
Did you know?
You can create advanced rules for model driven app navigation (ribbon) buttons
North52's Decision Suite has functionality that we call Quick Ribbon that allows you associate a North52 Formula with a Ribbon button for model driven apps.
You can execute advanced business logic using the North52 business rules engine for Dynamics 365. Scenarios include:
- Click button to clone a record
- Click button to execute a Formula for multiple records in a grid
- Use Formula logic to enable/disable or show/hide a button