In your business, you may need to hide certain fields/sections depending on where the user has accessed CRM from: Desktop, Tablet or Phone.
In this scenario, we are required to hide the Address Section when a user accesses CRM via their Desktop.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this:
- A formula of type 'ClientSide - Perform Action' will be created that will enact the bulk of the workload
- The formula is triggered whenever an Account form is loaded.
- It will check to see is the current form is being accessed via Desktop
- If this is true, the formula will hide the Address section
N52 Formula Manager Steps
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula:
- Create a new formula of type 'ClientSide - Perform Action'
- Set the Mode to 'ClientSide'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Account'
- Set the Source Property to 'OnLoad' for all forms (hold Ctrl to multi-select)
- Go to the Formula editor
- Copy and paste the formula below
- Click Save
iftrue(GetFormFactor() = 1 , HideSections('SUMMARY_TAB.ADDRESS') )
The different options for the Form Factor are shown below