In your business, you may need to hide certain fields/sections depending on where the user has accessed CRM from: Desktop, Tablet or Phone.
In this scenario, we are required to hide the Address Section when a user accesses CRM via their Desktop.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this:
- A formula of type 'ClientSide - Perform Action' will be created that will enact the bulk of the workload
- The formula is triggered whenever an Account form is loaded.
- It will check to see is the current form is being accessed via Desktop
- If this is true, the formula will hide the Address section
North52 Decision Suite Steps
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula:
- Create a new formula of type 'ClientSide - Perform Action'
- Set the Mode to 'ClientSide'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Account'
- Set the Source Property to 'OnLoad' for all forms (hold Ctrl to multi-select)
- Go to the Formula editor
- Copy and paste the formula below
- Click Save
iftrue(GetFormFactor() = 1 , HideSections('SUMMARY_TAB.ADDRESS') )
The different options for the Form Factor are shown below
Wizard - HideSections
Did you know?
North52 TestShield ensures Quality at Speed
TestShield's automated tests run on the Dynamics 365 platform rather than in the browser allowing extreme speed.
For example, we can run 1100 tests with over 15,000 Asserts to verify a new release of the North52 Decision Suite, in less than 4 minutes!
It means that we can deliver quality releases at unprecedented speed. Before TestShield, testing a new release was very manual and time consuming.