In your business, you may wish to hide certain fields depending on where the user has accessed CRM from.
In this scenario, we are required to hide the Address Section when a user accesses CRM via their Mobile.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this:
- A formula of type 'ClientSide - Perform Action' will be created that will enact the bulk of the workload
- The formula is triggered whenever an Account form is loaded
- It will check to see is the current form is being accessed via a Mobile
- If this is true, the formula will hide the Address field
N52 Formula Manager Steps
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula:
- Create a new formula of type 'ClientSide - Perform Action '
- Set the Mode to 'ClientSide'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Account'
- Set the Source Property to 'OnLoad' for all forms (hold Ctrl to multi-select)
- Go to the Formula editor
- Copy and paste the formula below
- Click Save
iftrue(GetFormClientState() = 'Mobile' , HideSections('SUMMARY_TAB.ADDRESS') )
Below is a screenshot of the options for ClientState
Wizard - HideSections
Did you know?
North52 helps with Case Management in Dynamics 365
Managing casework can be complex - North52 BPA is a comprehensive rules engine platform that is perfectly suited to Case Management.
Traditional workflow usually moves through a very specific set of steps and assignments for every task, however with Case Management it does not always follow a predicable path.
North52 can apply rules as the case is worked on - new information can be used to define what tasks need to be done or information gathered. The rules are easily set up and maintained using our no-code editor.