In your business, you may wish to hide certain parts of a form when it is loaded.
In this scenario, we are required to hide the Company Profile and the Marketing field whenever the form Account - Read Only is loaded.
Note : you will need to create Account - Read Only form beforehand
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this:
- A formula of type ClientSide - Perform Action will be created that will enact the bulk of the workload
- The formula is triggered whenever an Account form is loaded
- It will check to see is the current form loading is called Account - Read Only
- If it is the matched form, the formula will hide the Address field
North52 Decision Suite Steps
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula:
- Create a new formula of type ClientSide - Perform Action
- Set the Mode to 'ClientSide'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Account'
- Set the Source Property to 'OnLoad' for all forms (hold Ctrl to multi-select)
- Go to the Formula editor
- Copy and paste the formula below
- Click Save
iftrue (FindValueQuickName('systemform', GetFormId() ) = 'Account - Read Only' , HideSections('DETAILS_TAB.COMPANY_PROFILE','DETAILS_TAB.MARKETING') )
Wizard - HideSections
Did you know?
North52 helps streamline complex healthcare processes
Healthcare providers are no strangers to complex processes and rules. Patients expect efficient and seamless service.
The North52 business rules engine helps healthcare providers implement complex rules in their Dynamics 365 systems quickly and without code. The rules are easily modified, tested and deployed as regulations and requirements change.