In your business, you may wish to hide certain parts of a form when it is loaded.
In this scenario, we are required to hide the Company Profile and the Marketing field whenever the form Account - Read Only is loaded.
Note : you will need to create Account - Read Only form beforehand
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this:
- A formula of type ClientSide - Perform Action will be created that will enact the bulk of the workload
- The formula is triggered whenever an Account form is loaded
- It will check to see is the current form loading is called Account - Read Only
- If it is the matched form, the formula will hide the Address field
N52 Formula Manager Steps
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula:
- Create a new formula of type ClientSide - Perform Action
- Set the Mode to 'ClientSide'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Account'
- Set the Source Property to 'OnLoad' for all forms (hold Ctrl to multi-select)
- Go to the Formula editor
- Copy and paste the formula below
- Click Save
iftrue (FindValueQuickName('systemform', GetFormId() ) = 'Account - Read Only' , HideSections('DETAILS_TAB.COMPANY_PROFILE','DETAILS_TAB.MARKETING') )
Wizard - HideSections
Did you know?
You can easily schedule recurring processes or CRM record updates
Every business has recurring processes and tasks that need to be done on repeatable and scheduled basis. Microsoft Dynamics 365 users are often surprised to learn that it is difficult to achieve using standard functionality. The North52 Scheduler makes it easy to trigger workflows and/or advanced business logic for specific entity records on a scheduled basis.
Key features include:
- Create Recurring Schedules within Dynamics CRM
- Powerful Record Targeting - easily create queries to target a specific set of records
- High Performance - can process 100,000+ records on a scheduled basis
- Execute Workflow/Action or Update Entities
- Native to Dynamics 365