In your business, you may wish to hide certain parts of a form when it is loaded.
In this scenario, we are required to hide the Company Profile and the Marketing field whenever the form Account - Read Only is loaded.
Note : you will need to create Account - Read Only form beforehand
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this:
- A formula of type ClientSide - Perform Action will be created that will enact the bulk of the workload
- The formula is triggered whenever an Account form is loaded
- It will check to see is the current form loading is called Account - Read Only
- If it is the matched form, the formula will hide the Address field
N52 Formula Manager Steps
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula:
- Create a new formula of type ClientSide - Perform Action
- Set the Mode to 'ClientSide'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Account'
- Set the Source Property to 'OnLoad' for all forms (hold Ctrl to multi-select)
- Go to the Formula editor
- Copy and paste the formula below
- Click Save
iftrue (FindValueQuickName('systemform', GetFormId() ) = 'Account - Read Only' , HideSections('DETAILS_TAB.COMPANY_PROFILE','DETAILS_TAB.MARKETING') )