In this scenario we are required to gather a list of all the First Names in an Accounts entity associated Contact. We will save this list into the Description field for simplicity in this example.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- A formula of type Process Genie is created which triggers when a Quick Button is pushed on an Account entity
- This formula creates a list of all the Associated First Names of the Account in question
- The formula then saves this variable to the Account entity's Description field
N52 Formula Manager Steps
Setup - Formula : Update Account with Associated Contacts First name
- Create a new formula of type 'ClientSide Calculation'
- Set the Mode to 'Client Side'
- Set Source Entity as 'Account '
- Click into the Formula Editor canvas
- Copy and paste the formula below into the Formula Editor
- Click Save
SmartFlow( ForEachRecord( FindRecords('contact','parentcustomerid',[account.accountid],'*','50','true'), SetVarConcat('ListofFirstNames', CurrentRecord('firstname') + ',') ), UpdateRecord('account', [account.accountid], SetAttribute('description', Trim( GetVar('ListofFirstNames') , ',' )) ) )
Please see article at this link , heading Custom Button Configuration 1 for instructions on how to install and set up the quick button which will trigger this formula.