In this scenario we are required to gather a list of all the First Names in an Accounts entity associated Contact. We will save this list into the Description field for simplicity in this example.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this,
- A formula of type Process Genie is created which triggers when a Quick Button is pushed on an Account entity
- This formula creates a list of all the Associated First Names of the Account in question
- The formula then saves this variable to the Account entity's Description field
North52 Decision Suite Steps
Setup - Formula : Update Account with Associated Contacts First name
- Create a new formula of type 'ClientSide Calculation'
- Set the Mode to 'Client Side'
- Set Source Entity as 'Account '
- Click into the Formula Editor canvas
- Copy and paste the formula below into the Formula Editor
- Click Save
SmartFlow( ForEachRecord( FindRecords('contact','parentcustomerid',[account.accountid],'*','50','true'), SetVarConcat('ListofFirstNames', CurrentRecord('firstname') + ',') ), UpdateRecord('account', [account.accountid], SetAttribute('description', Trim( GetVar('ListofFirstNames') , ',' )) ) )
Please see article at this link , heading Custom Button Configuration 1 for instructions on how to install and set up the quick button which will trigger this formula.
Did you know?
North52's TestShield provides 3 different test types
TestShield currently support 3 test types: Process Shield, API Shield and Data Shield.
Process Shield - Testing of end-to-end processes – learn more
API Shield - Testing APIs to ensure they are working as expected – learn more
Data Shield - Ensure that your data hasn’t changed or falls outside of thresholds – learn more