In this scenario, you may require that private Account records be shared quickly with a Secure Team when it is needed.
This can be done using the RecordShare function and North52's Quick Button App.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this:
A formula of type Process Genie will be created that will trigger the function RecordShare
The formula is triggered by a Quick Button on the Account form
- The formula will share the Account record with a team called Secure Team
N52 Formula Manager Steps
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula:
- Create a new formula of type Process Genie
- Set the Mode to 'ServerSide'
- Set Display Format to 'String'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Account'
- Go to the Formula editor
- Copy and paste the formula below
- Click Save
- Copy the Short Code in the top right hand corner for later
RecordShare('account', [account.accountid], 'team', FindValueQuickId('team', 'Secure Team'), 'true','true','true','true','true','true','true' )
N52 Create a quick button
Please follow the instructions to create a Quick button here, using the Shortcode of the formula you created above.
Once you have added the Quick Button, you are ready to test. You should see this team should up under the Share settings of the form like below:
Wizard - FindValueQuickId
Did you know?
North52's Data Packager helps move configuration data between instances
North52 Data Packager is an add-on for North52 Business Process Activities which enables you to easily move data from one instance to another. Users simply select the records they would like to package up and North52 Data Packager adds the data to a data package sheet, ready for export. Moving the records to another instance requires the package solution to be imported and ‘unpacked’ on the target instance.
North52 Data Packager is ideal for:
- Moving Dynamics configuration records
- Copying Dynamics Portal records
- Distributing demonstration data