In this scenario, you may require that private Account records be shared quickly with a Secure Team when it is needed.
This can be done using the RecordShare function and North52's Quick Button App.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this:
A formula of type Process Genie will be created that will trigger the function RecordShare
The formula is triggered by a Quick Button on the Account form
- The formula will share the Account record with a team called Secure Team
N52 Formula Manager Steps
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula:
- Create a new formula of type Process Genie
- Set the Mode to 'ServerSide'
- Set Display Format to 'String'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Account'
- Go to the Formula editor
- Copy and paste the formula below
- Click Save
- Copy the Short Code in the top right hand corner for later
RecordShare('account', [account.accountid], 'team', FindValueQuickId('team', 'Secure Team'), 'true','true','true','true','true','true','true' )
N52 Create a quick button
Please follow the instructions to create a Quick button here, using the Shortcode of the formula you created above.
Once you have added the Quick Button, you are ready to test. You should see this team should up under the Share settings of the form like below: