In some situations you may need to need to quickly save and reload a form whenever a certain field that has been filled in by a user, even before that user finishes filling out all the other fields. North52 allows you to saved the details as soon as a condition is met.
The requirement here is that if the field Shipping Method is set to UPS then the system has to force a reload because the business has special rates with UPS.
Quickly saving the form and reloading will allow for other formulas or plugins to be triggered.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this:
- A formula will listen to the Shipping Method field on the Account entity
- If the value of Shipping Method equals UPS, the formula will save the Form and reload the Browser page using the BrowserReload function
North52 Decision Suite Steps
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula:
- Create a new formula of type ClientSide - Perform Action
- Set the Mode to 'Client Side'
- Set the Event to 'Update'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Account'
- Set the Source Property to 'Address 1 : Shipping Method'
- Go to the Formula editor
- Copy and paste the formula below
- Click Save
- It is now ready for testing
Note : that "4" is the Option Set value assigned to UPS by default
iftrue([account.address1_shippingmethodcode] = 4,
Wizard - BrowserReload
Did you know?
North52 Decision Suite helps streamline complex business processes
North52 Decision Suite is a cloud-based or on-premise decision management/decision engine platform for the Dynamics 365 and Power Platform that uses data, analytics and business rules to automate decisions.
Companies use North52 to streamline their processes, improve the quality of the decisions inside their Dynamics 365 systems, and shorten the time it takes to adjust to business and competitive changes.