In your business, you may wish for a Quality team to randomly review the work of users.
In this scenario, we are required to present to this Quality team a random portion of all the completed Tasks, PhoneCalls and Appointments that have been created today.
This can be done using a custom entity (called Activity Oversight) and North52 formula.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this:
- A formula of type Process Genie will be created that will will enact the bulk of the workload
- The formula is triggered by a Quick button on a Form
- The formula will query all the activities that have been created and completed today
- It will then create a record in our custom entity Activity Oversight for four randomly selected activities
- It populates each of these Activity Oversights with information from the collection of entities
N52 Create custom Entity Activity Oversight
- Go to Settings > Customization > Customize the System
- Click on Entities
- Click on New
- For Display Name, enter "Activity Oversight"
- For Plural Name, enter "Activity Oversight"
- For Name, make sure it is new_activityoversight
- Click Save
- Expand the entity and click on Fields
- Create 2 new fields new_activitytypecode , new_approved
- Add them to the form and publish the changes
N52 Formula Manager Steps
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula:
- Create a new formula of type Process Genie
- Set the Mode to 'ServerSide'
- Set Display Format to 'String'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Account'
- Go to the Formula editor
- Copy and paste the formula below
- Click Save
- Copy the Short Code in the top right hand corner for later
Smartflow( SetVar('PhoneCall Collection' , FindRecordsFD('Find all Completed PhoneCalls created today','true')), SetVar('Task Collection' , FindRecordsFD('Find all Completed Tasks created today','true')), SetVar('Appointment Collection' , FindRecordsFD('Find all Completed Appointment created today','true')), SetVar('Master Collection',MergeEntityCollections(GetVar('PhoneCall Collection'), GetVar('Task Collection'), GetVar('Appointment Collection') ) ), ForEachRecord( RandomCollectionOfIntegers(0, FindECCount(GetVar('Master Collection')), 4), CreateRecord('new_activityoversight', SetAttribute('new_name', FindRecordsValue(GetVar('Master Collection'), 'subject', '?', CurrentRecord('randomnumber') ) ), SetAttribute('new_actvitytypecode', FindRecordsValue(GetVar('Master Collection'), 'activitytypecode', '?', CurrentRecord('randomnumber') ) ) ) ) )
N52 Create a quick button
Please follow the instructions at the link here, using the Shortcode of the formula you made above.