In your business, you may wish for a Quality team to randomly review the work of users.
In this scenario, we are required to present to this Quality team a random portion of all the completed Tasks, PhoneCalls and Appointments that have been created today.
This can be done using a custom entity (called Activity Oversight) and North52 formula.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this:
- A formula of type Process Genie will be created that will will enact the bulk of the workload
- The formula is triggered by a Quick button on a Form
- The formula will query all the activities that have been created and completed today
- It will then create a record in our custom entity Activity Oversight for four randomly selected activities
- It populates each of these Activity Oversights with information from the collection of entities
N52 Create custom Entity Activity Oversight
- Go to Settings > Customization > Customize the System
- Click on Entities
- Click on New
- For Display Name, enter "Activity Oversight"
- For Plural Name, enter "Activity Oversight"
- For Name, make sure it is new_activityoversight
- Click Save
- Expand the entity and click on Fields
- Create 2 new fields new_activitytypecode , new_approved
- Add them to the form and publish the changes
North52 Decision Suite Steps
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula:
- Create a new formula of type Process Genie
- Set the Mode to 'ServerSide'
- Set Display Format to 'String'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Account'
- Go to the Formula editor
- Copy and paste the formula below
- Click Save
- Copy the Short Code in the top right hand corner for later
Smartflow( SetVar('PhoneCall Collection' , FindRecordsFD('Find all Completed PhoneCalls created today','true')), SetVar('Task Collection' , FindRecordsFD('Find all Completed Tasks created today','true')), SetVar('Appointment Collection' , FindRecordsFD('Find all Completed Appointment created today','true')), SetVar('Master Collection',MergeEntityCollections(GetVar('PhoneCall Collection'), GetVar('Task Collection'), GetVar('Appointment Collection') ) ), ForEachRecord( RandomCollectionOfIntegers(0, FindECCount(GetVar('Master Collection')), 4), CreateRecord('new_activityoversight', SetAttribute('new_name', FindRecordsValue(GetVar('Master Collection'), 'subject', '?', CurrentRecord('randomnumber') ) ), SetAttribute('new_actvitytypecode', FindRecordsValue(GetVar('Master Collection'), 'activitytypecode', '?', CurrentRecord('randomnumber') ) ) ) ) )
N52 Create a quick button
Please follow the instructions at the link here, using the Shortcode of the formula you made above.
Wizard - FindRecordsFD
Did you know?
North52 helps streamline complex healthcare processes
Healthcare providers are no strangers to complex processes and rules. Patients expect efficient and seamless service.
The North52 business rules engine helps healthcare providers implement complex rules in their Dynamics 365 systems quickly and without code. The rules are easily modified, tested and deployed as regulations and requirements change.