In some situations you may need to need to quickly save a field that has been filled in by a user even before that user finishes filling out all the other fields. North52 allows you to saved the details as soon as a condition is met.
The requirement here is that if the field Shipping Method is set to FedEx then the system has to force a save because the business has special rates with FedEx.
Quickly saving the form will allow for other formulas or plugins to be triggered.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this:
- A formula will listen to the Shipping Method field on the Account entity
- If the value of Shipping Method equals FedEx, the formula will save the Form using the FormSave function
N52 Formula Manager Steps
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula:
- Create a new formula of type 'ClientSide - Perform Action'
- Set the Mode to 'Client Side'
- Set the Event to 'Update'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Account'
- Set the Source Property to 'Address 1 : Shipping Method'
- Go to the Formula editor
- Copy and paste the formula below
- Click Save
- It is now ready for testing
Note : that "3" is the Option Set value assigned to FedEx by default
iftrue([account.address1_shippingmethodcode]= 3, FormSave() )