In some situations you may need to combine all the address information you have on a Contact into one field - perhaps to allow for easy printing of a label.
For this business scenario the requirement is to automatically combine all address fields needed for postage into one field. This field must be updated whenever one of the address fields are updated. We have created a custom field called Full Address which will contain the combined address of all address fields.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this:
- On save of the Contact record, the Address fields are checked for a new or updated value
- If any of the values have changed the formula is triggered and the StringConCat() function is used to combine the address field values into one string
- This string is then saved to our custom field Full Address
North52 Decision Suite Steps
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula:
- Create a new formula of type Save - To Current Record
- Set the Mode to 'Server Side'
- Set the Event to 'Create & Update'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Contact'
- Set the Source Property to 'Address 1 : City , Address 1 :Country /Region , Address 1 :State/Province , Address 1 : Street 1 , Address 1 : Street 2 , Address 1 : Street 3 , Address 1 : ZIP/Postal Code'
- Set the Target Entity to 'Contact'
- Set the Target Property to 'Full Address'
- Go to the Formula editor
- Copy and paste the formula below
- Click Save
- It is now ready for testing
StringConcat( [contact.address1_line1], ' ' , [contact.address1_line2], ' ', [contact.address1_line3], ' ', [contact.address1_city], ' ', [contact.address1_stateorprovince], ' ', [contact.address1_postalcode],' ', [contact.address1_country] )