In this business scenario the requirement is for the Business Process Flow to automatically move to different stages depending on the value of a field (Est. Revenue).
It is required to do this automatically upon saving the Opportunity. The business rules are as follows:
If the estimated budget is greater than 500, move the Business Process Flow to the Propose Stage.
However, if the estimated budget is greater than 1000, move the Business Process Flow to the Develop Stage.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- A formula of type 'Save - Perform Action' is created on the Opportunity entity
- When the 'Est. Revenue field' is changed the formula will execute
- The Business Process Flow will automatically be set to the appropriate stage according to the rules outlined above
N52 Formula Manager Steps
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula
- Create a new formula of type 'Save - Perform Action'
- Set the Mode to 'Server Side'
- Set the Event to 'Create & Update'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Opportunity'
- Set the Source Property to 'Est. Revenue'
- Copy and paste the formula provided below into the formula editor
- Click Save
iftrue([opportunity.estimatedvalue] > 500 , if ([opportunity.estimatedvalue] > 1000, BPSetActiveStageSS('opportunity', [opportunity.opportunityid], 'Opportunity Sales Process', 'develop'), BPSetActiveStageSS('opportunity', [opportunity.opportunityid], 'Opportunity Sales Process', 'propose') ) )
Wizard - BPSetActiveStageSS