In this business scenario the requirement is for the Business Process Flow to automatically move to different stages depending on the value of a field (Est. Revenue).
It is required to do this automatically upon saving the Opportunity. The business rules are as follows:
If the estimated budget is greater than 500, move the Business Process Flow to the Propose Stage.
However, if the estimated budget is greater than 1000, move the Business Process Flow to the Develop Stage.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this,
- A formula of type 'Save - Perform Action' is created on the Opportunity entity
- When the 'Est. Revenue field' is changed the formula will execute
- The Business Process Flow will automatically be set to the appropriate stage according to the rules outlined above
North52 Decision Suite Steps
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula
- Create a new formula of type 'Save - Perform Action'
- Set the Mode to 'Server Side'
- Set the Event to 'Create & Update'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Opportunity'
- Set the Source Property to 'Est. Revenue'
- Copy and paste the formula provided below into the formula editor
- Click Save
iftrue([opportunity.estimatedvalue] > 500 , if ([opportunity.estimatedvalue] > 1000, BPSetActiveStageSS('opportunity', [opportunity.opportunityid], 'Opportunity Sales Process', 'develop'), BPSetActiveStageSS('opportunity', [opportunity.opportunityid], 'Opportunity Sales Process', 'propose') ) )
Wizard - BPSetActiveStageSS
Did you know?
TestShield Makes Test Automation a First Class Citizen in Dynamics 365
Test automation principles leads to improved communication, reliability and teamwork as you enhance the ever changing business processes. The team members need to roll out change requests on the existing system and build new applications making automated testing very important.Top 3 Benefits of Dynamics 365 Automated Testing:
- Validated Business Processes: Dynamics 365 Automated Testing provides a robust approach to validate the business rules and process requirements of Dynamics 365 solutions
- Better Engagement: Dynamics 365 Automated Testing ensures that end users get top-class user experience
- Faster Delivery Time: Dynamics 365 Automated Testing assures fast delivery time by leveraging automation
The growing number of Dynamics applications that are being developed continuously presents a major challenge for Dynamics 365 testing. With such fast development, organizations need to ensure that these applications are thoroughly and constantly tested before being deployed.
Learn how TestShield helps automate testing in your Dynamics 365 projects