In this scenario every time the Primary Contact is changed on an Account, we wish for that Primary Contact's name to be saved to the Account's Description field. The function FindValueQuickName provides an easy way to do this.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this:
- A formula of type 'Save-Perform Action' is created that triggers on create or updating of the Account entity's Primary Contact
- The formula takes the new Contact's Name field and saves it to the Account Description field.
N52 Formula Manager Steps
- Create a new formula of type 'Save- Perform Action'
- Set the Event to 'Create and Update'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Account'
- For Source Property select 'Primary Contact'
- In the Formula Editor, paste in the Formula provided below
- Click Save
- The formula is now ready for testing
UpdateRecord('account', [account.accountid], SetAttribute('description', Findvaluequickname('contact', [account.primarycontactid] ) ) )
Wizard - FindValueQuickName
Please see below the wizard you can use to create the FindValueQuickName() function call used in this formula.
Note to find the value for ID Record to Find Name of , you will need to go to the Source tab , expand Source and search for contact