In this scenario every time the Primary Contact is changed on an Account, we wish for that Primary Contact's name to be saved to the Account's Description field. The function FindValueQuickName provides an easy way to do this.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this:
- A formula of type 'Save-Perform Action' is created that triggers on create or updating of the Account entity's Primary Contact
- The formula takes the new Contact's Name field and saves it to the Account Description field.
North52 Decision Suite Steps
- Create a new formula of type 'Save- Perform Action'
- Set the Event to 'Create and Update'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Account'
- For Source Property select 'Primary Contact'
- In the Formula Editor, paste in the Formula provided below
- Click Save
- The formula is now ready for testing
UpdateRecord('account', [account.accountid], SetAttribute('description', Findvaluequickname('contact', [account.primarycontactid] ) ) )
Wizard - FindValueQuickName
Please see below the wizard you can use to create the FindValueQuickName() function call used in this formula.
Note to find the value for ID Record to Find Name of , you will need to go to the Source tab , expand Source and search for contact
Did you know?
North52 helps with Case Management in Dynamics 365
Managing casework can be complex - North52 BPA is a comprehensive rules engine platform that is perfectly suited to Case Management.
Traditional workflow usually moves through a very specific set of steps and assignments for every task, however with Case Management it does not always follow a predicable path.
North52 can apply rules as the case is worked on - new information can be used to define what tasks need to be done or information gathered. The rules are easily set up and maintained using our no-code editor.