In this scenario, the business requirement was to be able to add a Lead to a specific Marketing List as part of a workflow.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- We create a formula of type Process Genie on the Lead entity
- The formula will be called from a step within a workflow
- It will then associate the lead to the defined Marketing List
N52 Formula Manager Steps
The following set of steps will set this formula up for you.
- Create a new formula of type Process Genie
- Set the Source Entity to 'Lead'
- Copy and paste the formula below into the formula canvas, or follow the detailed steps below. Replace 'Hot Leads' with the name of your Marketing List.
- Save the formula
- Copy the formula Short Code
- Add a Process Genie step to your Workflow, Dialog or Action
- Paste the formula Short Code into the Formula ShortCode Value field in the Custom Step Input Properties form
- Activate and test your process
Formula : Classic
AssociateEntities('list', FindValue('list','listname','Hot Leads','listid','?','true'), 'lead', [lead.leadid], 'listlead_association')
Detailed Steps for creating the formula
1. From the Functions tab search for the AssociateEntities function, then Shift-Click the function name to bring up the wizard:
2. Add xxx as a placeholder for the Record ID Left as we need to use another function to retrieve the Marketing List ID
3. Click Generate
4. Remove the ‘xxx’ placeholder text including the quotes and leave the cursor in this position.
5. From the Functions tab search for the FindValue function and Shift-Click to the bring up the wizard form:
6. Click Generate. The function should be inserted where the ‘xxx’ placeholder was previously:
Did you know?
You can create customized buttons to trigger complex business rules
North52's Decision Suite has functionality that we call Quick Buttons that allows you to place buttons on a form which when clicked will trigger a North52 Formula. The business rule logic could be as simple as triggering a workflow or a much more complex process which involves many actions - the full power of the North52 business rules engine for Dynamics 365 can be used.
The button's themselves can be subject to business rules, that show/hide, activate/deactivate or and/or change labels. This is configured using Decision Tables allowing complex decision logic to drive the button options that are presented to users.