In this scenario, the business requirement from the customer was to connect a Competitor to a parent Account when one was added to a Contact on that Account.
For this example, we will assume that you have already created your N:N relationships between the Competitor, Contact and Account entities.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- We create a formula of type N:N Associate on the Contact entity
- We use an if statement to only trigger the additional association if it matches the association name we want
- Then it associates the account to the competitor using the GetAssociationRelatedEntityReferenceId() function
N52 Formula Manager Steps
The following set of steps will set this formula up for you.
- Create a new formula of type N:N Associate on the Contact entity
- Copy and paste the formula below into the formula canvas
- Save the formula and test
If(GetAssociationRelationshipName() = 'new_contact_competitor' and ContainsData([contact.parentcustomerid]), AssociateEntities('account', [contact.parentcustomerid] , 'competitor', GetAssociationRelatedEntityReferenceId(), 'new_account_competitor'), 'NoOp' )
Wizard - AssociateEntities
Please see below the wizard you can use to create the AssociateEntities() function call used in this formula.
Note to find the value for Record ID Left , you will need to go to the Source tab > Related (N : 1 ) and click on account (parentcustomerid)
Also you will need to copy and paste GetAssociationRelatedEntityReferenceId() in for the Record ID Right.
Did you know?
Decision Tables Simplify Complex Logic
Decsion Tables allow you manage complex business logic without code. Key features include:
- Simple visualization in a compact table format
- Promotes grouping of rules in a single table
- Business logic can be controlled by domain experts
A Decision Table represents multiple related business rules by using conditions, actions and data values in a spreadsheet-style table. The Decision Table uses columns for the conditions and actions of the rules and rows to represent the associated data values.