In this scenario, the business requirement from the customer was to connect a Competitor to a parent Account when one was added to a Contact on that Account.
For this example, we will assume that you have already created your N:N relationships between the Competitor, Contact and Account entities.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- We create a formula of type N:N Associate on the Contact entity
- We use an if statement to only trigger the additional association if it matches the association name we want
- Then it associates the account to the competitor using the GetAssociationRelatedEntityReferenceId() function
N52 Formula Manager Steps
The following set of steps will set this formula up for you.
- Create a new formula of type N:N Associate on the Contact entity
- Copy and paste the formula below into the formula canvas
- Save the formula and test
If(GetAssociationRelationshipName() = 'new_contact_competitor' and ContainsData([contact.parentcustomerid]), AssociateEntities('account', [contact.parentcustomerid] , 'competitor', GetAssociationRelatedEntityReferenceId(), 'new_account_competitor'), 'NoOp' )
Wizard - AssociateEntities
Please see below the wizard you can use to create the AssociateEntities() function call used in this formula.
Note to find the value for Record ID Left , you will need to go to the Source tab > Related (N : 1 ) and click on account (parentcustomerid)
Also you will need to copy and paste GetAssociationRelatedEntityReferenceId() in for the Record ID Right.