In this scenario, the business requirement from the customer was to connect a Competitor to a parent Account when one was added to a Contact on that Account.
For this example, we will assume that you have already created your N:N relationships between the Competitor, Contact and Account entities.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this,
- We create a formula of type N:N Associate on the Contact entity
- We use an if statement to only trigger the additional association if it matches the association name we want
- Then it associates the account to the competitor using the GetAssociationRelatedEntityReferenceId() function
North52 Decision Suite Steps
The following set of steps will set this formula up for you.
- Create a new formula of type N:N Associate on the Contact entity
- Copy and paste the formula below into the formula canvas
- Save the formula and test
If(GetAssociationRelationshipName() = 'new_contact_competitor' and ContainsData([contact.parentcustomerid]), AssociateEntities('account', [contact.parentcustomerid] , 'competitor', GetAssociationRelatedEntityReferenceId(), 'new_account_competitor'), 'NoOp' )
Wizard - AssociateEntities
Please see below the wizard you can use to create the AssociateEntities() function call used in this formula.
Note to find the value for Record ID Left , you will need to go to the Source tab > Related (N : 1 ) and click on account (parentcustomerid)
Also you will need to copy and paste GetAssociationRelatedEntityReferenceId() in for the Record ID Right.
Did you know?
North52 helps streamline complex healthcare processes
Healthcare providers are no strangers to complex processes and rules. Patients expect efficient and seamless service.
The North52 business rules engine helps healthcare providers implement complex rules in their Dynamics 365 systems quickly and without code. The rules are easily modified, tested and deployed as regulations and requirements change.