In this scenario, the business requirement from the customer was to connect a Competitor to a parent Account when one was added to a Contact on that Account.
For this example, we will assume that you have already created your N:N relationships between the Competitor, Contact and Account entities.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this,
- We create a formula of type N:N Associate on the Contact entity
- We use an if statement to only trigger the additional association if it matches the association name we want
- Then it associates the account to the competitor using the GetAssociationRelatedEntityReferenceId() function
North52 Decision Suite Steps
The following set of steps will set this formula up for you.
- Create a new formula of type N:N Associate on the Contact entity
- Copy and paste the formula below into the formula canvas
- Save the formula and test
If(GetAssociationRelationshipName() = 'new_contact_competitor' and ContainsData([contact.parentcustomerid]), AssociateEntities('account', [contact.parentcustomerid] , 'competitor', GetAssociationRelatedEntityReferenceId(), 'new_account_competitor'), 'NoOp' )
Wizard - AssociateEntities
Please see below the wizard you can use to create the AssociateEntities() function call used in this formula.
Note to find the value for Record ID Left , you will need to go to the Source tab > Related (N : 1 ) and click on account (parentcustomerid)
Also you will need to copy and paste GetAssociationRelatedEntityReferenceId() in for the Record ID Right.
Did you know?
North52 has over 500 functions to help you implement advanced business rules and complex decision logic
The Formula Manager, part of the North52 Decision Suite is a business rules engine that aims to eliminate this custom coding by using simple formulas instead. It is significantly faster (up to 10 times) than writing custom code and you get the added bonus of lower cost updates if a business rule changes in the future (it is much faster and thus cheaper to change it using a Formula rather than custom code).
There are over 500 functions available in the North52 Decision Suite business rules engine!