In this scenario we have a requirement from a customer to open a new Appointment for a Lead from a button on the form.
The customer wants the regarding field on the new appointment form automatically set to the Lead but they don't want to actually create the appointment until they click save.
This is different from xRM Sample #81 where we created the appointment first and then opened the form afterwards.
Note 1: You must be using North52 Formula Manager version 18.104.22.1685 or higher and North52 Quick Button version 2.0 to do this.
Note 2: In this example we are using the OpenQuickCreate() formula here so we can reference the data on the parentLead. Microsoft does not provide a Quick Create Form for an appointment entity so this will actually open a regular new appointment form.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- An N52 Formula of type ClientSide - Calculation is created on the Lead entity
- A Quick Button is added to the form.
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula
- Create a formula of type 'ClientSide - Perform Action' on the Lead entity
- Copy and paste the formula below into the formula canvas and click save
- Open the Lead form and add a new web resource north52_quick_button_advanced
- Set the Custom Parameters field in the Web Resource (see below)
- Save and Publish
Note: The three parameters being passed in are separated by the pipe symbol '